Australian Chart Book 1940-1969
Compiled by David Kent
Published in 2005, this book is the result of many years of historical research into the most popular songs and records of this thirty year period in Australia.
It is based on charts specially compiled for this publication, from hit parades, radio charts and best sellers lists.
From 1940 to 1948, I have compliled monthly Top 20s, and from 1949 to 1955, weekly Top 20s. From 1956 to 1958, the size of the chart varies, and from 1958 onward, a weekly Top 100 is used. Details of albums charts from 1965 to 1969 are also included.
- Alphabetical Artists Listing, showing the date of chart entry, title of song or record, highest position reached, number of weeks or months charted, and the original label and catalogue number.
- Titles listed alphabetically, with cross references back to the Artists section.
- All the No.1 hits, listed chronologically.
- Top 25 of each calendar year.
- Available in soft cover only. 271 pages. ISBN 0-646-44439-5.
- Cost: $95.00, including postage, within Australia. (Additional postage costs for international orders)
- Order: Please use the Order Form.
- Return to Home